Upside-Down Pulled Pork Pastry
Upside-down Pulled Pork Pastry
We had to try this viral trend to see what all the hype was! We can officially say they are well worth making! Pulled pork and jalapenos baked into a puff pastry for that kick of flavor!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the puff pastry into 6 equal rectangles and use a rolling pin to roll them out until they increase in size by about 50%.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Lay down a few slices of jalapeno followed by a pinch of julienned onion.
- Add about 2oz of pork followed by a portion of cheese.
- Lay a piece of puff pastry over the top of the mixture and then press down the edges.
- Use a fork to crimp.
- Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- Brush the tops of the pastries with the egg wash and then place the tray into the oven to bake.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before flipping over and serving.