Get Your Link On
Making your own sausages is a fun way to feed your loved ones and grow your love of food. Our sausage maker kits come with everything you need to make your own sausages at home — except the meat. PS Seasoning is here to help you become a master maker.
Why Make Your Own Sausages?
Making your own sausage comes with some great benefits.
- Control over ingredients. Know everything that goes into your sausage, from the salt and fat levels to the seasoning and types of cheese.
- Tastes how you want it. Customize the sausage to your taste preferences.
- High-quality. You know the quality of the sausage when you make it with your own two hands.
- Costs less. Save money when you make this tasty treat yourself.
- A fun experience. Make a tradition out of it and pass it on to your loved ones.
What Meat Can Be Used to Make Sausages?
Meats like beef, pork, wild game, or poultry go great in sausage. The most common choice is beef and pork. When selecting your cuts from the butcher, opt for chuck from beef and boneless pork butt, which is actually from the pig’s shoulder. You want to get meat with at least 20% fat so the sausage doesn’t dry out.
How Long Will the Sausage Last in the Fridge?
Uncooked homemade sausage can be kept in the fridge for up to two days. They will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days after cooking.
What Recipes Can I Use Sausage For?
The recipes you can make with sausages are endless. You can make something sweet and savory or hot and spicy. Try our Cajun Boudin Sausage recipe for sausage stuffed with rice, pork, peppers, and seasonings. Add your homemade sausages to our Pretzel Brat-Chos for a great game-day snack to feast on. If you want to take the more classic route, put your sausages in our Classic Homemade Hot Dog recipe.
Tips for Making Homemade Sausages
Here are some pointers we have for making the most of your homemade sausages.
- Keep your meat chilled.
- Season before you grind.
- Mix your ingredients the right amount.
- Fry up and give your mixture a try before you case it.
- Use water to help open up the casing.
- Rest your sausage in the fridge overnight to develop stronger flavors.
- Grill over low and indirect heat.
Find more sausage-making tips and tricks on our blog.
Let’s Get Cookin’
Homemade sausage is how we got our start at PS Seasoning. Our sausage and brat kits are designed to pass on the love we have for sausage making to the next generation of homegrown makers.
15% off your first order
Subscribe for instant savings, exclusive offers, tasty recipes and other great meat processing content.