The classic bologna flavor you've been looking for! Our Blue Ribbon Bologna Seasoning is a mild blend of nutmeg and white pepper, with a subtle sweetness that compliments pork butt, lean beef, and wild game. We recommend using this in ring bologna and fried up with potatoes for a hearty dinner.
- Make with pork cuts, lean beef trimmings or venison
- .79 Lb. B Unit for 25 lbs of Meat
- Comes complete with our Maple Cure
- Seasoning per pound: 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
- Cure per pound: 1¾ Teaspoon
(For 12-1/2# Batches Divide Following By 1/2)
You will need:
- 13# of 90% Lean Beef Trims or Wild Game
- 12# of 85% Lean Pork Trims
- 2 to 3 Cups Distilled Water
- 1-1/2 cups of Binder Flour (Optional) *Keeps Product Moist
Suggested Procedure: Grind all trims through 3/16" plate twice. Add cure with water and mix into meat. Add seasonings and binder flour (Optional: Keeps moisture in the meat) into meat and mix for 4-6 minutes until meat is tacky. Stuff into 40-43 beef rounds or 8 x 24 Fibrous Casings, or a 40mm or 43mm Collagen Round.
Smoking Procedure: Preheat smoker to 120 degrees F. Hang product on smoke sticks with no parts touching. Insert temperature probe into center of one ring or center of bologna. Run with damper wide open for 1 hour. Place 3/4 pan sawdust moistened on burner. Increase smoker temperature to 170 degrees F and smoke for 3 hours (Damper 1/4 open). Increase smoker temperature to 185 degrees F for big bologna 8 x 24. Heat until product reaches an internal temperature of 156 degrees F. Shower product reduce temperature to 100-110 degrees F or cool in cold water bath. Dry at room temperature and place in cooler.
Casings we recommend
Dextrose, Salt, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate.
For an MSG-free version, try our No. 665 Bologna Seasoning