The perfect burger has now come into existence! You won't have any leftovers with this handheld dinner.
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees.
- Form 2 equal sized burger patties with the ground beef and season them generously with BBQ General SPG rub.
- Insert meat probe into one of the burgers and place them on the smoker.
- While the burgers are smoking, make the onions rings. Bread the onion rings. Dredge in flour, then coat in egg wash and finally bread in the panko breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees until golden brown and crispy.
- Set the onion rings on a paper towel lined tray until the burgers are done.
- Once the burgers hit an internal temperature of 125 degrees, sear them off. Either on a high temp grill or in a scalding hot cast iron pan.
- Slice the cheddar and lay it on top of the burgers. Torch the cheese to melt or place the burgers briefly under the broiler.
- Build the burgers on toasted buns. Lettuce, tomato, burger, a drizzle of Blue Ribbon BBQ Sauce and finally a few onion rings.
- Serve with extra napkins!