Mussels with Bourbon Butter
Show us your Mussels! The perfect Bourbon Mussels seasoned with our On The Rocks Bourbon Pepper seasoning, butter and parsley! Don't be shellfish, share some with your friends.
2 Lbs–Mussels (fresh)
2 T – Cooking Oil
- 1 – Shallot, julienned
¼ C – Bourbon
½ C – Water
- 1 Stick – Butter, Unsalted
1 T – On The Rocks Bourbon Pepper
2 T – Parsley, Chopped
- Clean the beards off the mussels if needed and rinse them in a strainer under cold water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté the shallot for 2-3 minutes and then add the mussels.
- As soon as a few mussels start to open, add the bourbon and water.
- Bring to a simmer and then cover the pan to steam the mussels.
- Once all the mussels have opened. Season generously with OnThe Rocks.
- Add butter to the pan and swirl until fully melted.
- Plate the mussels and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with baguette for dipping.