Our founder Harold Hanni won both state and national awards with this secret family recipe straight from Switzerland!
- Makes blue-ribbon wieners, hot dogs and sausages
- .95 Lb. B Unit for 25 lb. meat batch
- Comes complete with our Maple Cure.
One pound conversion
- Seasoning per pound: 2 Tablespoons
- Cure per pound: 1 3/4 Teaspoon
Casings we recommend
1. Grind all products through ⅜” plate.
2. Regrind twice through 3/16” plate.
3. Add cure to ½ the water and add to meat.
4. Add seasoning and binder flour mixed with ½ the water (keeps moisture in meat) and mix 4-6 minutes or until meat is tacky.
5. Let rest overnight in cool area to allow flavor and color to develop (optional)
6. Stuff into 24-26 mm sheep casings
1) Preheat Smoker to 130°F.2) Hang wieners on smoke sticks (do not have any pieces touching if possible).3) Insert temperature probe to center of one link or strip 1 link over probe. Run with dampers wide open for 30 minutes. 4) Place ¼ pan of moistened sawdust on burner and increase temperature to 150°F.5) Set top damper ⅛ open, bottom damper ¾ open and smoke for 45 minutes. 6) Increase temperature to 170°F and cook until you reach an internal temperature of 155°F.
7) Immediately place in a cold-water bath for 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 100-110°F. Dry at room temperature.
Dextrose, Salt, Sugar, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Garlic*. *Dried.