Strawberry Bourbon Pork Belly Burnt Ends
Love is in the air! Spice up your Valentines Day gift this year with a box of Strawberry Bourbon Pork Belly Burnt Ends instead of chocolate! Sweet and Savory Burnt Ends drizzled in a sticky strawberry sauce and fresh sliced strawberries!
2 Lbs–Pork Belly
½ C – Notorious P.I.G. Pulled Pork Rub
1 C – Strawberry Jam/Jelly
2 Oz – Bourbon
- ½ Stick – Butter
- 3 – Strawberries, sliced
- Preheat smoker to 275 degrees.
- Cut the pork belly into 2” cubes and season them generously with Notorious P.I.G.
- Place the seasoned pork belly on a wire rack and onto the smoker for 2-3 hours, or until the seasoning is well tacked onto the meat.
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberry jam and bourbon and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Place the pork belly in an aluminum pan. Pour the strawberry sauce over the pork. Cut the butter into tabs and spread in the pan as well.
- Cover the pan with foil and return to the smoker for 30-45 minutes or until the pork belly is tender.
- Serve the burnt ends with a small drizzle of sauce and a sliced strawberry for garnish