El Jefe Cheddar Crackers
Buttery Chipotle Cheddar Crackers
If savory cookies aren't in, they really should be! Check out these El Jefe Cheddar Crackers.
- 1 Stick – Butter, Unsalted
- 8 oz – Block Cheddar
1 C + 2 T – Flour
2 T – El Jefe Honey Adobo Rub
1 T - Water
- Set the butter out at room temperature for ½ hour to soften.
- Grate the cheddar cheese.
- Place the butter, cheese, flour, water and El Jefe rub in a mixer and set on low. Mix 2 minutes.
- Increase the speed to medium low and mix until a dough ball forms. It should come together into one ball.
- Turn to dough out onto the counter and roll it into a log about 2 ½” wide.
- Wrap well with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 4 hours. (or overnight)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the plastic wrap and cut.
- Cut ½” sections, like you would be cutting cookies.
- Place the sections on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes, rotating half way through. Once they start to brown, they are done.
- Cool before serving.
- Great for dip!
Share your photos with us using #psseasoning