You Will Need:
|5 Gallons||Ice Water (35-40°F)|
|5 Lbs.||Maple Cure|
|12-18 Lb.||Whole Hams|
Suggested Curing Instructions:1) Mix thoroughly the 5 gallons of cold water (35-40°F ) and 5 lbs. of Maple Cure.
2) Inject meat with solution making sure cure is pumped around bones and in all muscles.
3) Place in plastic or stainless steel containers and fully covered with pickling brine for 5-7 days at 35-40°F.
4) After the 5-7 days, remove from solution and wash surface. Put product in stockinettes and hang on smoke sticks.
Smoking Instructions:1) Preheat smoker to 100°F.
2) Hang product in stockinettes not touching each other then insert temperature probe not touching bone.
3) Run with dampers wide open for 2 hours.
4) Add ⅔ pan sawdust (moistened), increase temperature to 110°F and smoke 8 hours with dampers ½ open.
5) After 8 hours, increase the temperature to 130°F; add pan of sawdust and smoke 4 more hours.
6) After the 4 hours, remove sawdust pan and close dampers. Then increase the temperature to 175°F; heat until internal temperature reaches 150-155°F.
7) Turn OFF smoker and cool to 100°F. Remove to cooler.
Smokehouse Recipe - Smoked Ham Description of your recipe.Ingredients: 5 Gallons Ice Water, 5 Lbs. Maple Cure, Whole Hams,