Red Rum Pulled Pork
Redrum Cherry Coke Pulled Pork
Halloween is in the air! BEWARE! Pulled pork injected with rum and Cherry Coke for the spooky color! Topped with Cherry Bomb BBQ sauce.
- 1 – Pork Butt/Shoulder, Bone-in
1 C– Rum
- 6 Drop – Red Food Coloring
½ C – Cherry Bomb
¾ C – Bee Sting Hot honey BBQ Rub
3 C – Cherry Coke
- Combine the rum and food coloring.
- Use a meat injector to inject the pork butt in all areas with the colored rum. Place the pork in a string bag and allow it to marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and smear the entire piece of meat with Cherry bomb,
- Season the pork generously with Bee Sting on all sides.
- Place the pork directly on the smoker and smoker for 10-12 hours.
- Remove the pork from the smoker and place in an aluminum pan. Add the cherry coke and cover with foil.
- Place back on the smoker for 3-4 hours until the pork is shredable.
- Rest the meat, covered, for 1 hour before shredding.
- Serve with more Cherry Bomb BBQ sauce.
Share your photos with us using #psseasoning