Mulled Wine Braised Short Ribs
Home for the holidays? Check out these mulled wine braised short ribs for a quick, easy, and very delicious dinner!
- 1 bottle – Dry Red Wine (Cabernet, ponit noir, etc)
- 6 – Cloves, whole
- 2 – Star Anise
- 2 – Cinnamon Sticks
- 6 Short Ribs
3 T – BBQ General SPG Rub
½ C – Flour
3 T – Cooking Oil
- 6 Clove – Garlic
- 2 – Carrots
- 1 – Onion
- 2 Stalk – Celery
2 T – Tomato Paste
- 1 Quart – Beef Broth or Stock
- Fresh Thyme
- Pour the win into a saucepot and add the clove, star anise and cinnamon. Place over medium heat and cook until the edges just start to boil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Reduce heat to very low and steep the wine for 20 minutes.
- Peel and chop the vegetables into a large dice.
- Meanwhile, season the short ribs generously with SPG rub.
- Then dredge them short ribs in flour.
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Sear the short ribs on all sides. Then set them aside.
- Saute the vegetables until they just start to soften.
- Add tomato paste and cook 4 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with 1 ½ Cup of the mulled wine.
- Add Beef stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and place in the oven for 2 to 2 ½ hours until the short ribs are fork tender.
- Rest 5 minutes and serve with your favorite sides.