Korean Corn Dogs
Korean Corn Dogs
These TikTok trending corn dogs will make have you wanting more! We made Korean corn dogs stuffed with cheese and breaded in your favorite toppings.
- 4 – Jumbo Hot Dogs
- 8 oz – Block Mozzarella Cheese
1 C – French Fries, diced (option)
1 C – Takis, crumbled (option)
2 C – Panko Breadcrumbs
3 T - Sugar
- Ketchup and Mustard – for garnish
¾ C – Mayo
½ C – Red Rooster Sweet Chili Sauce
1 ¾ C – Flour (All Purpose)
2 T – Sugar
1 T – Black Gold Garlic Pepper
- 1 pkg – Active Dry Yeast
1 C – Water (100-110 degrees)
- Start by making the batter.
- Combine the flour, sugar and Black Gold in a bowl and stir together.
- Combine the yeast and the warm water together and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and stir together until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour to rise.
- While the batter is rising, build the skewers.
- Cut the hot dogs in ½.
- Cut the cheese into pieces that match the size of the hot dogs.
- Skewer the hot dog down leaving enough room to then skewer the cheese.
- Once the batter has risen, preheat the fryer to 350 degrees.
- Dip a skewer into the batter and twist as you pull away to coat the corndog. Make sure the entire dog and cheese are covered in batter.
- For a plain option, once the skewer is coated in batter, roll it in panko breadcrumbs and then place in the fryer.
- Fry for 6-7 minutes until browned and crunchy.
- Lightly sprinkle the corndog with sugar and then garnish with a drizzle of ketchup and mustard.
- For the spicy option – Combine the crumbled takis at equal portions with panko and use that as the final breading before going into the fryer.
- Combine the mayo and Red Rooster for a bang bang sauce to finish.
- For the crunchy potato option – After rolling the corndog in the batter, roll it in the diced french fries, and then roll in the panko to fully coat the batter.
- Fry the same and finish with a light sprinkle of sugar as well as a drizzle of ketchup and mustard.