Oktoberfest Soft Pretzels with Beer Cheese Dip Mix
- PS Seasoning Chef
|1 Bottle||Warm Oktoberfest Beer (12 oz.) leave 3 T Reserved|
|1 pkg.||Active Dry Yeast|
|2 oz.||Unsalted Butter, melted|
|4 1/2 Cups||Flour|
|2/3 Cups||Baking Soda|
|Pretzel Salt for Topping|
|1 T||Olive Oil for Bowl|
|1||Beer Cheese Dip Mix|
|1 pkg.||8 oz. Cream Cheese|
|1 Cup||Sour Cream|
|3 T||Oktoberfest Beer|
|1/3 Cup||Shredded Cheddar Cheese|
|2 T||Beer Cheese Dip Mix|
1) In a stand mixer bowl add the beer, sugar and salt. Sprinkle the package of active dry yeast on top until it begins to get foamy.
2) Add the butter and the flour. Using a dough hook on the stand mixer turn the mixer to low to medium speed until the dough comes together.
3) Increase the mixer speed to medium and knead for 4-5 minutes. Dough will be smooth at this point.
4) In a clean bowl add the 1 T Olive Oil to coat the inside of the bowl. Cooking spray works just as well for this.
5) Form the mixed dough into a ball and place in the coated bowl, cover it with a towel or plastic wrap and allow to rise for about an hour.
6) Preheat oven to 425 and line a few baking sheets with parchment paper.
7) In a large pot bring the water and baking soda to a boil.
8) Meanwhile, shape the pretzels. Watch our video for a step by step guide on how to fold the dough into a pretzel shape.
9) When all pretzels are shaped add them 1 or 2 at a time to the pot of boiling water. Allow them to boil for 30 seconds. Then remove from the water and place on baking sheets.
10) Spray cooking spray over the pretzels.
11) Bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned.
12) Serve with beer cheese dip.