Making homemade hot dogs has never been tastier with this award-winning sausage seasoning. Winning both state and national awards, this hot dog seasoning originated from our founder, Harold Hanni's secret family recipe, straight from Switzerland!
The Blue Ribbon seasoning is the sausage seasoning to make the best Vienna sausage you will ever taste.
This hot dog seasoning provides the right balance of salt, sugar, and spices to get the authentic Vienna sausage taste. Make the best wiener sausage with PS Seasoning.
Makes blue-ribbon wiener sausage, hot dogs, and sausages
1. Grind all products through ⅜” plate.
2. Regrind twice through 3/16” plate.
3. Add cure to ½ the water and add to meat.
4. Add seasoning and binder flour mixed with ½ the water (keeps moisture in meat) and mix 4-6 minutes or until meat is tacky.
5. Let rest overnight in cool area to allow flavor and color to develop (optional)
6. Stuff into 24-26 mm sheep casings
1) Preheat Smoker to 130°F.
2) Hang wieners on smoke sticks (do not have any pieces touching if possible).
3) Insert temperature probe to center of one link or strip 1 link over probe. Run with dampers wide open for 30 minutes.
4) Place ¼ pan of moistened sawdust on burner and increase temperature to 150°F.
5) Set top damper ⅛ open, bottom damper ¾ open and smoke for 45 minutes.
6) Increase temperature to 170°F and cook until you reach an internal temperature of 155°F.
7) Immediately place in a cold-water bath for 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 100-110°F. Dry at room temperature.