Recipe - Ring Bologna
- PS Seasoning Chef
For 25 Lb. Meat Batch
|13 Lbs.||90% Lean Beef Trims|
|12 Lbs.||85% Lean Pork Trims|
|2-3 Cups||Distilled Water|
|1 Package - B Unit||No. 211 Bologna Seasoning|
Instructions:1) Grind all trims through 3/16" plate twice.
2) Add maple cure with water and mix into meat.
3) Add seasonings into meat and mix for 4-6 minutes until meat is tacky.
Smoking Procedure:1) Preheat Smoker to 120°F.
2) Hang product on smoke sticks with no parts touching.
3) Insert temperature probe into center of one ring or log.
4) Run with dampers wide open 1 hour.
5) After 1 hour, place ¾ pan sawdust (moistened) on burner.
6) Increase temperature to 170°F and smoke for 3 hours (damper ¼ open). Raise temperature to 185°F for big bologna 8 x 24.
7) Heat until product reaches an internal temperature of 155°F.
8) Shower product to reduce temperature to 100-110°F or cool in cold water bath.
9) Dry at room temperature and place in cooler.
Products Used In This Recipe:
Ring Bologna Description of your recipe. Makes: 25 Lbs. Ingredients: 13 Lbs. Lean Beef Trims, 12 Lbs. Lean Pork Trims, 3 Cups Distilled Water, 1 No. 211 Bologna Seasonings.