Elote Corn Dogs
Street Corn Corn Dogs
Elote Corndogs dusted with fiery Hot Cheetos! A crunchy corn dog meets the irresistible heat of Hot Cheetos, all topped off with a creamy elote coating. Prepare your taste buds for a spicy, cheesy, and utterly delicious adventure!
- Mix sour cream, lime juice and 1 TB of Elote loco together in a bowl and then add it to a squeeze bottle.
- Preheat fryer to 350 degrees.
- Make the cornbread batter by combining the dry ingredients in a bowl and mixing together.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well until a thick batter is formed.
- Using 10” bamboo skewers, skewer the hot dogs lengthwise.
- Add the cornbread batter to a glass for ease of dipping.
- Dip the hotdogs fully into the batter and slowly pull back, twisting as you pull the hotdog out of the batter.
- Hold the corn dogs in the oil for 7-10 seconds to let the batter set, before fully dropping it into the fryer.
- Cook the corndogs for 6-7 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Remove and place the corndogs on a paper towel lined plate to allow the excess oil to drip off.
- Top the corndogs with a drizzle of the elote cream, cotija cheese, crumbled flamin hots and finally a garnish of chopped cilantro.