Bourbon Injected Pulled Pork
We just can't get enough of this bourbon injected pulled pork! Injected with 8oz of Bourbon, rubbed with Blue Ribbon BBQ rub, and sauced with Bourbon Barrel BBQ sauce, you won't want to make pulled pork any other way.
- Remove the pork from the packaging and pat dry with paper towel.
- Inject the pork using a marinade injector. Try to inject and distribute the bourbon evenly throughout the meat.
- Place the pork in a large Ziplock and let it marinate in the fridge for 18-24 hours.
- Remove the meat from the bag.
- Lather the meat with the Buzzed mustard, this will be the binder for the rub.
- Generously season the meat on all sides with Blue Ribbon rub.
- Let the meat rest at room temperature while the smoker preheats to 225 degrees.
- Place the pork in the smoker, directly on the racks and smoke for 14-18 hours.
- Once the pork reaches an internal temperature of 204 degrees, remove it from the smoker.
- Wrap the pork in butcher paper or aluminum foil and rest in an empty oven for 1 hour.
- Shred the pork and serve with Bourbon Barrel BBQ sauce. Enjoy!