Big Kahuna Bacon
Homemade Pineapple Teriyaki Bacon
Breakfast or dinner, this homemade bacon will have everyone coming back for seconds! Pineapple Teriyaki bacon made with our Big Kahuna rub!
- 4 LB – Pork Belly
¾ C – Big Kahuna Pineapple Teriyaki Rub
½ C – Kosher Salt
1 T – Pink Cure
¾ C – Big Kahuna Pineapple Teriyaki Rub (topical for smoking day)
- Start the dry brine.
- Trim the pork belly slightly to even the structure if needed.
- Combine the seasoning and salts and rub into the meat.
- Place in a large ziplock bag, with excess seasoning, and remove as much air as possible. Place in a tray and put in the fridge for 7 days. Flip the meat every day.
- On day 7, remove from the bag and rinse off excess rub. Place on a rack lined tray and place back in the fridge. Allow to sit for 24 hours.
- Smoking day!
- Preheat smoker to 225.
- Season the pork belly generously with Big Kahuna and set the meat out for 1 hour before smoking.
- Place in the smoker for 2-3 hours or until the internal temp reaches 155 degrees.
- Rest the bacon at room temperature for 45 minutes before placing in the fridge overnight to completely cool.
- Slice, fry and enjoy!