Bacon Jam Ribs
Bacon Jam Ribs
There's an endless amount of flavors you can make ribs into and this one happens to be one of our favorites so far! Bacon Jam covered ribs with the sweet and savory flavor!
- 2 Rack – Pork Back Ribs
2 T – Mustard
4 T – Notorious P.I.G. Rub
- 1 ½ LB – Bacon
- 2 – Shallots, minced
- 5 Clove – Garlic, minced
- 2 oz – Bourbon
½ C – Maple Syrup
½ C – Apple Cider Vinegar
½ C – Brown Sugar
- Preheat smoker to 250 degrees.
- Remove the membrane from the underside of the ribs. Trim any excess fat or broken bones from the ends of the ribs.
- Slather the ribs in mustard for a binder. Then season them generously with Notorious P.I.G.
- Place the ribs on the smoker, meat side up and smoke for 3 hours.
- Wrap the ribs in foil and then place them back on the smoker for 2-3 hours, or until they are around 200 degrees and probe tender.
- While the ribs are cooking, chop up the bacon and place it in a saucepan.
- Render the bacon over medium heat until the bacon is just barely crispy.
- Remove the bacon and drain off ½ of the rendered fat.
- Again, over medium heat, sauté the shallot and garlic until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot and stir well to combine.
- Reduce over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
Once the ribs are done, slather them in the bacon jam and return to the smoker to tack on the sauce. Place a tray under the ribs at this point to avoid starting a fire.
Rest ribs for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!