Bee Sting Biscuits
Hot Honey BBQ Biscuits
The perfect way to spice up your breakfast table. Hot honey biscuits, serve with your favorite sides or gravy and enjoy!
2 ½ C – Flour
2 T – Baking Powder
1 T – Bee Sting Hot Honey BBQ Rub
- 1 Stick – Butter, unsalted (very cold)
1 C + 2 TB – Buttermilk
- Honey and Melted butter for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and Bee Sting rub.
- Dice the butter into small cubes
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mix until the butter is down to small beads throughout the mix.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup of cold buttermilk until a loose dough forms. Try not to overwork the dough.
- Lightly flour a work surface and pour the dough out onto it.
- Using your hands, form the dough in a ball and then flatten it out to 9X13” size.
- Fold in the sides, 1/3 at a time like a letter.
- Flatten the dough out again to 9x13”.
- Repeat this process 3 more times.
- Roll out the dough one last time and cut the biscuits out using a cookie cutter.
- Arrange the biscuits in a lightly greased cast iron pan.
- Lightly brush the tops of the biscuits with buttermilk.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter and honey.