Blue Ribbon Armadillo Eggs
Get ready to roll with these armadillo eggs - the perfect blend of heat, sweet and savory flavors! Made with a mouthwatering hot honey rub and tangy BBQ sauce, these eggs are stuffed with a delicious blend of sausage and cheese that will leave you craving more.
- Preheat smoker or grill to 275 degrees.
- Mix the cream cheese and Bee Sting rub together in a bowl until well combined. Add the mixture to a pastry bag for easy filling of the jalapenos.
- Cut off the top of the jalapeno, exposing the core. Use a paring knife to remove the core and as many seeds as possible.
- Fill the jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture.
- Remove the casing from the sausages.
- Use one sausage to wrap each jalapeno. Make sure they are fully covered and sealed.
- Then wrap each of the jalapenos in 3 pieces of bacon. Make sure they are fully covered with bacon and use a toothpick to secure if necessary.
- Season the outside of the eggs with more Bee Sting rub and then place them on the smoker.
- Smoke for 60-80 minutes until the internal temperature of the armadillo eggs reached 155 degrees and the bacon is cooked to your liking.
- Baste the eggs with Blue Ribbon BBQ sauce and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Rest the eggs for 10 minutes before cutting.