Fired Pickle Honky Tonk Chicken Sandwich
Fried Pickle Honky Tonk Chicken Sandwich
When that Fried Chicken craving hits! A double Honky Tonk fried chicken sandwich with fried pickles on top! Who wants one?
- 1 LB – Boneless Skinless Chicken thighs
2 C – Buttermilk
- 4 Cup – Flour
4 T – Honky Tonk Nashville Hot Chicken Rub
½ C – Honky Tonk Nashville Hot Chicken Sauce
- 4 – Brioche Burger Buns
2 C – Shredded Lettuce
- 1 Jar – Dill Pickle Chips
1 C – Buttermilk
1 C– All Purpose Flour
1 C – Cornmeal
2 T – Honky Tonk Nashville Hot Chicken Rub
- Preheat fryer to 325 degrees.
- Cut the chicken thighs into 3 strips and soak in 2 cups of buttermilk for 20 minutes.
- Combine the honky tonk rub and flour well for the breading.
- One at a time, take a chicken strip from the buttermilk and coat well in the breading.
- Then, place it back in the buttermilk once again. Allow excess buttermilk to drip off and then bread one more time in the honky tonk flour.
- Fry the chicken for 7-9 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees and are crispy.
- Combine one cup each flour and cornmeal and stir in 2 TB of Honky Tonk rub for the pickle breading.
- Drain pickle juice from the pickles and then place the pickles in 1 cup of buttermilk.
- A small handful at a time, take the pickles and allow excess buttermilk to drip off before coating them well in the cornmeal mix.
- Shake off excess breading and fry the pickles for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Build the sandwiches with a bed of lettuce on a bun, chicken fried pickles and finish them with a drizzle of Honky Tonk Hot Sauce.