Wide Cut Ribs
Wide Cut Ribs
What's hot? Wide Cut Ribs are! By cutting the ribs before you cook, you get more smoking and seasoning area! These ribs were just as tender and juicy as they look!
- Pat the ribs dry with a paper towel and remove the membrane from the back. Trim and excess areas of fat.
- Cut the rib into sections as follows. Cut along the bone between two ribs. Set aside the bone piece for a different use.
- For the next cut, cut along to opposite side bone, leaving one bone with meat on both sides of it. As you alternate down the rack you should have a bone with meat on both sides, followed by a bone with no meat. We will only be using the ones WITH meat for this recipe.
- Lightly baste the wide cut ribs with Peach Buzz BBQ Sauce, this will be our binder.
- Generously season the wide cut ribs with Bee Sting Rub.
- Allow the ribs to sit at room temperature while the grill/smoker preheats to 250 degrees.
- Place the seasoned ribs on a rack lined tray and then onto the smoker for 3 hours.
- Place the ribs in an aluminum pan with the butter and vinegar. Cover with foil and place back on the smoker for roughly 1 hour, or until the meat is tender. (about 200 degrees)
- Remove the ribs from the pan and generously baste them with Peach Buzz. Place them back on the smoker for another 30 minutes to tack on the sauce.