Waffle Breakfast Fatty
Chicken & Waffle Breakfast Fatty
All your favorite breakfast treats made into one giant loaf! The taste of waffles, bacon, and sausage drizzled with bourbon maple butter. Grab your plates!
- 1 LB – Ground Sausage
- 16 Slice – Bacon, thick cut
- 4 – Belgian Waffles
2 T – Butter
2 T – Maple Syrup
3 T – Chicken & Waffle Wing Rub
4 T – Butter
- 2 oz – Bourbon
- 3 oz – Maple Syrup
Maple Bourbon Butter
- Preheat grill or smoker to 250 degrees
- Place the ground sausage in a gallon ziplock bag. Use a rolling pin to flatten out the sausage until it is about the size of a sheet of paper.
- Cut half of the bag off of the sausage, leaving the other half underneath.
- Season with Chicken and Waffle Wing Rub.
- Break the waffles and arrange them down the middle of the sausage lengthwise.
- Drizzle the pancakes with the maple syrup. Cut the butter into chunks and place on top of the pancakes.
- Roll the sausage over the top of the waffles and seal. Peel away remaining plastic.
- Make a square bacon weave, 8 slices wide.
- Place the sausage on one edge of the weave and roll to fully wrap.
- Close the ends of the weave and hold together with toothpicks.
- Season the fatty generously with Chicken and Waffle Wing Rub.
- Place the fatty on a rack lined tray and smoke for 2 hours or until you reach an internal temperature of 155 degrees.
- Mix the ingredients for the bourbon butter together in a small saucepan and place over medium/low heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes to cook off the alcohol.
- Baste the breakfast fatty with the bourbon butter.
- Turn the heat up to 400 and cook for 5-10 minutes to crisp the bacon.
- Allow the fatty to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with a side of bourbon butter for dipping.