Tri Tip Breakfast Tacos
A go to taco must if you love steak tacos just as much as we do! Breakfast Tri Tip Tacos are a great way to start your mornings!
- 2 LB – Tritip
3 T – BBQ General SPG Rub
- 12 – Corn Tortillas
- 1 - Avocado
½ C – Sala Verde
½ C – Queso Fresco
2 T – Cilantro, chopped
- 12 – Eggs
3 T -El Dinero - Hatch Chili Verde Taco Seasoning & Rub
- 1 – Red Onion, Julienned
- 2 Clove – Garlic
- ½ - Jalapeno, Julienned
2 t – Peppercorns
½ C – White Vinegar
½ C – Water
1 t – Kosher Salt
2 t – Sugar
Pickled Red Onion
Pickled Red Onion
- Make the pickled red onion the day before. Place the julienned red onion, garlic, jalapeno and peppercorns in a mason jar
- Combine the vinegar, water, salt and sugar for the brine in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Once the sugar and salt have dissolved, pour the liquid into the mason jar until full.
- Place on the lid and set in the fridge for 24 hours before use.
Tri Tip Tacos
- Preheat the smoker to 225 degrees.
- Trim the tritip as needed and then season generously with BBQ General SPG Rub.
- Place the meat on the smoker and cook for 1 to 1 ½ hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees.
- Increase heat of the grill/smoker to 400 degrees and sear the meat off on each side for 2 minutes.
- Heat the tortillas and start frying the eggs. Fry them individually in butter. Flip and cook for 5-10 seconds and then flip again to make the over easy eggs.
- Build the tacos.
- Slice the tritip against the grain of the meat and as thin as possible.
- Place one over easy egg down on a tortilla and sprinkle with El Dinero Taco rub. The add sliced tritip, sliced avocado and pickled red onion.
- Then finish the tacos by topping them with crumbled queso fresco and chopped cilantro.