A great treat to add to any menu! Pickled in vinegar with jalapenos, yellow onions, and pickling spices these pickled bologna will be a hit!
2 LB – Ring Bologna
2 C – Vinegar
2 C – Water
1 T– Salt
1 T – Sugar
- 1 – Jalapeno
- 1 – Yellow Onion
3 T – Pickling Spice
- 4 Clove – Garlic
- Clean and sanitize 2, quart sized mason jars.
- Remove the casings from the bologna and cut into 1 ½” sections.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapenos and julienne them along with the onion.
- Distribute the pickling spice, jalapeno, garlic and onion evenly between the two mason jars. Then stuff the jars with the sausage.
- In a small saucepot, combine the vinegar, water, salt and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and then pour the vinegar mixture into the mason jars filling them to the top.
- Tap lightly on the sides of that jars to release air and then fill with more vinegar mixture if needed.
- Tightly seal the jars and place them in the fridge to marinate for 10 days.
Share your photos with us using #psseasoning