Thai Fighter Short Ribs
Melt-in-your-mouth tender ready in a flash with a pressure cooker these Asian short ribs are sticky and sweet with bit of heat fall right off the bone and enjoy!
- 2 LB – Short Ribs, bone in
2 T – Kosher Salt
1 t – Black Pepper, ground
2 T – Olive Oil
1 C – Onion, julienned
- 1 – Shallot, julienned
- 2 – carrots, rough chopped
- 2 Stalk – Celery, rough chopped
- 4 clove – Garlic, sliced
½ C – Red Wine
1 C – Beef Broth or Stock
½ C– Thai Fighter - Ginger Teriyaki
2 T - Cold Water
1 T – Corn Starch
- Season the short ribs generously with salt and pepper.
- Set a pressure cooker to the sauté setting and add oil.
- Sear off the short ribs in two batches so you don’t overcrowd the pot. Sear on all sides until well browned.
- Set the short ribs aside and add all the vegetables to the pot and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Deglaze with the wine and scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Add the short ribs back to the pot. Top with the beef broth and thai fighter. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and set timer to 45 minutes.
- After the 45 minutes of cook time, allow a 15-minute natural release, and then quick release.
- Remove the short ribs from the pan.
- Stir together the cold water and the corn starch. Stir into the remaining liquid to thicken.
- Serve the short ribs with a side of potatoes and drizzled with sauce.