Rodeo Rub Pot Roast
Need a quick and easy dinner but work all day? We've got you covered! Rodeo Rub Pot Roast will have the whole family wanting seconds!
- 3 LB – Chuck Roast
3 T – Rodeo Rub - Texas Brisket Rub
2 T – Olive Oil
- 2 – Onion, Rough Chopped
- 4 – Carrots, rough chopped
- 2 Stalk – Celery, rough chopped
- 6 Cloves – Garlic
- 2 Sprig – Fresh Thyme
½ C – Red Wine
2 T – Corn starch
2 ½ C– Beef Broth or Stock
- Season the chuck roast generously with Rodeo Rub.
- Add oil to a large skillet and place over medium high heat. Sear the chuck roast on all sides until well browned, about 3-4 minutes each side.
- Place the chuck roast in a slow cooker.
- Place the chopped veggies and garlic cloves on top of the roast.
- Stir together the red wine and cornstarch and add to the cooker.
- Finally pour in the beef broth and add the fresh thyme.
- Set the slow cooker to high and cook for 4 hours or until the roast is tender.
- Low setting for 8 hours
- Serve with a side of potatoes and s drizzle of sauce.