Tequila Lime Scallops
Scallops seasoned in our Desert Pepper seared until golden brown. Seared with Tequila and served with chopped cilantro with a side of lime!
12 Oz –Scallops, 14/16 size
1 T – Cooking Oil
1 T – Desert Pepper Tequila Blend
2 Oz- Tequila, Blanco
6 T – Butter, unsalted
- Chopped Cilantro
In a medium/small sauté pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Remove the side muscles from the scallops and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Season the scallop generously on both sides with Desert Pepper.
- Sear the scallops on one side for 2 minutes, or until brown and crusted.
- Flip the scallops.
Pull the pan away from the flame and add the tequila. Be careful as there will be a lot of steam.
- Once the steam has calmed, return the pan to low heat.
- Add butter and swirl until the butter is fully melted and incorporated.
- Plate and serve with a garnish of chopped cilantro.