Smoked Pimento Mac N Cheese Recipe
Out with the old and in with the new! The new way to make amazing Smoked Mac and Cheese that is! Give some pimento to this classic American dish with this delicious smoked mac and cheese recipe. The cheesy goodness is smoked to perfection and topped with breadcrumbs for that extra delicious crunch.
If you have a smoker handy, this smoked mac N cheese recipe is perfect to liven up your comfort food. In addition, the pimentos will spice your macaronis up just right. Follow our instructions below for some killer smoked macaroni and cheese!
Smoked Pimento Mac N Cheese
Out with the old and in with the new! The new way to make amazing Mac N Cheese that is! This cheesy goodness is smoked to perfection and topped with breadcrumbs for that extra delicious crunch!
- 1 Box – Cavatappi Pasta
- 1 Stick – Butter (unsalted)
2 T – Flour
1 C – Heavy Cream
1 C – Milk
3 C – Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Use a block and shred it yourself, pre-shredded cheeses don't melt as well and can lead to poor texture.
½ C – Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz – Cream Cheese
2 t – Multitool Ultimate Blend
- 1 Jar – Pimentos, drained (4oz)
¾ C – Breadcrumbs
2 T – Parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package, leave close to al dente.
- In a sauce pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add flour and stir together well to make a roux. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- While stirring, slowly pour in the milk and the heavy cream. Gently stir until the sauce heats and starts to thicken.
- Add cheeses and stir constantly until well incorporated. Season with Multitool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, cheese sauce and pimento. Stir together until well combined.
- Pour the mac n cheese into a large cast iron pan.
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees.
- Top the mac with the bread crumbs and chopped parsley and then place on the smoker.
- Smoke for 45-60 minutes until the pasta is set.
- Serve and enjoy!