El Capitan Carne Asada
Chili Citrus Carne Asada
The weather is finally warming up here in Wisconsin and you know what that means! Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, be the hit of the party with these amazing Carne Asada tacos made with our El Capitan!
- 2 LB – Flank Steak
- 12 oz – Orange Juice
- 3 Clove – Garlic
3 T – Cilantro
3 T – El Capitan - Baja Chili Citrus Taco Seasoning & Rub
- 1 – Jalapeno
- Trim the flank steak as needed and place into a ziplock bag.
- Pour in the orange juice and then add the cilantro (cilantro does not need to be chopped)
- Peel and gently smash the garlic cloves to open them up. Remove the stem from the jalapeno and cut into 1” chunks. Add the garlic and the jalapeno to the bag.
- Add the seasoning to the bag and the seal to eliminate as much air as possible. Massage the bag to mix the marinade and distribute well.
- Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours before cooking, or up to 24.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and allow to dry at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees and grill the steak on both sides for 3-4 minutes, or until desired temp. Rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve in a corn tortilla with your favorite taco toppings.