Smoked Pimento Cheese Pig Shots
You can't be a sweet and savory meat shot! Sausage wrapped in bacon and filled with homemade Pimento Cheese and topped with our Bee Sting Hot Honey bbq sauce!
- 8 oz – Cream Cheese
2 C – Cheddar Cheese, shredded
¼ C – Pimentos, drained (4oz jar)
4 T – Mayo
2 T – Bee Sting Hot Honey BBQ Rub
- 1 LB – Andouille Sausage
- 8 Slice - Bacon
- Preheat smoker to 300 degrees.
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, pimentos, mayo and Bee Sting rub in a bowl and mix together until well incorporated.
- Scoop the pimento cheese into a ziplock bag and set aside at room temperature.
- Cut the andouille sausage into coins about ½” thick. (16 pieces)
- Cut the bacon slices in half.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around a sausage coin, keeping the sausage on one edge of the bacon to make it turn out like a shot glass. Secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat the process with the remaining bacon and sausage.
- Cut the tip of the ziplock bag containing the pimento cheese to make a piping bag.
- Pipe the cheese mixture into the bacon shot glasses, about 1 to 2 TB per.
- Place the pig shots on a rack lined tray and then onto the smoker.
- Smoke for 60-70 minutes until the cheese is hot and the bacon is well cooked.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before enjoying.
- Bottoms up!