Smoked Lamb Bolognese
You can never go wrong with pasta! Smoked Lamb seasoned with our Good Fella Italian Herbs blend with veggies, cheese, and pork crumble paired with Fresh Pasta, YUM! Need we say more?
1 Lb–Ground Lamb
2 T – Good Fella - Italian Herb
8 Oz – Ground Pork
8 Oz – Bacon
- 1 – Onion (medium size)
- 1 – Carrot (medium size)
- 1 Stalk – Celery
- 4 Clove – Garlic
1 C – Dry White Wine
½ C – Tomato Paste
2 C – Chicken Stock
1 C – Whole Milk
1 Lb – Fresh Pasta (Tagliatelle)
¾ C – Parmesan, Shredded
- Preheat smoker to 250 degrees.
- Season the lamb generously with Good Fella and form into a loaf. Place in on a rack lined tray ready for the smoker.
- Smoke the lamb for 60 to 70 minutes or until the internal temperature of the lamb reaches 150 degrees. Then remove it from the smoker and allow it to rest while you prepare the sauce.
- Chop the bacon into a medium dice.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until the fat is about 50% rendered. Add ground and continue to cook. Crumble the ground pork as it cooks.
- Once the bacon and the pork are fully cooked remove the meat from the pan, leaving the rendered fat. Remove ½ of the fat and discard.
- Roughly chop the vegetables and then place them in a food processor and pulse until they are finely minced. Mince the garlic separately.
- Place the minced vegetables in the skillet with the remaining fat and cook over medium heat until the vegetables start to get tender. Add garlic and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and then add the chicken stock, tomato paste and milk. Bring to a simmer and then lower the heat to a point where the sauce is just barely bubbling.
- Crumble lamb and then add the lamb, bacon and pork to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Cook the sauce for 2-3 hours or until reduce to a thick sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to directions on the packaging.
- Add the pasta to the sauce along with the shredded parmesan. Stir well to combine.
- Serve with extra shredded parmesan cheese and bread.