Mushroom & Veggie Risotto
The elegance of a five star restaurant for less and made right at home! Creamy Mushroom Risotto made with our Farm House Veggie Blend topped with a Seared Chicken Breast and butter!
8 Oz - Mushrooms, sliced (Shitake or Cremini)
2 C - Arborio Rice
1 t – Thyme, chopped
1 T –Farm House Veggie Blend
3 T – Olive Oil
1 C – White Wine (dry)
6 C – Chicken Stock/Broth
½ C – Heavy Cream
½ C – Parmesan, Shredded
In a medium sized stock pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Sauté the minced shallot for 1 minute until translucent and fragrant.
- Heat the chicken stock in a saucepot until it reaches a simmer and then turn off the heat.
- Add rice and stir constantly until the rice turn translucent.
- Add wine and stir constantly until the wine is absorbed.
- ½ cup at a time, while stirring constantly, add in the stock. Wait until stock is fully absorbed before adding more.
- The risotto will start to become very creamy as the starches release out of the rice. The texture should be like very al dente pasta.
Season with Farm House Veggie blend.
- In a sauté pan over high heat, sauté the mushrooms in oil and season then with Farm house and the fresh thyme.
- Add the cooked mushrooms, cream and cheese to the risotto and fold together.
Adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with Farm House seared Chicken Breast.