Smoked Jalapeno Popper Mac N Cheese
Creamy Mac N Cheese with a kick! Mac N Cheese smoked in a jalapeno cheese sauce and topped with Panko breadcrumbs and jalapeno bites!
- ½ LB - Bacon
- 8 oz – Rotini Pasta (dry)
1 ½ C – Water
1 ½ C– Heavy Cream
- 8 oz – Cream Cheese
2 C – Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 – Jalapenos
2 t – Bacon Bomb
1 C – Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 – Jalapeno for garnish
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees.
- Roughly shop the bacon and then add to a medium sized saucepot. Place over medium heat and cook to render the bacon fat.
- Remove all but 2 TB of bacon fat and discard the remaining fat. (or save for other recipes)
- Small dice 2 jalapenos and add to the pot with the bacon, cook 2 minutes.
- Add the water, cream, pasta and cream cheese. Bring to a low simmer, stirring often to combine well.
- Once the cream cheese is incorporated, allow the mixture to simmer for 8-10 minutes for the pasta to cook and absorb most of the liquid.
- Stir in grated cheese and bacon bomb. Once melted, pour the mac n cheese into a 9” cast iron pan.
- Top with the panko crumbs and thinly sliced jalapenos.
- Place on the smoker for 30 minutes.
- Increase the temperature of the smoker to 400 degrees and cook for about 10 minutes or until the panko crumbs have browned.
- Serve and enjoy!