Smoked Corn Chowder
Chilly nights call for comfort foods! Smoked corn chowder is the way to go.
- 6 Ear – Corn on the Cob
- 1 LB – Bacon
- 1 – Onion, Diced
- 1 Large – Carrot, Diced
- 3 Stalk – Celery, Diced
¼ C – Flour
6 C – Chicken Broth/Stock
- 1 ½ LB – Potatoes, Large Dice
1 C– Heavy Cream
½ C – Sour Cream
5 t – Elote Loco
2 T – Lime Juice
3 T – Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat smoker to 350 degrees.
- Leave the corn in the husks and place them directly on the smoker for 30-35 minutes until the corn is tender. Allow to cool
- Chop the bacon and place in a large soup pot and place over medium heat to render.
- Once the bacon is crispy, add vegetables and cook for 4-5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add flour, cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add stock and stir. Bring to a simmer
- Add diced potatoes and cook until the potatoes are just fork tender.
- Cut the corn from the cob and add to the soup.
- Once the potatoes are tender add the cream, sour cream, lime juice and cilantro.
- Season to your heart’s desire with Elote Loco.
- Enjoy garnished with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.