If you’re looking for melt-in-your-mouth beefy flavor, these Smoked & Braised Chuck Roast Sandwiches will definitely hit the spot. Marinated chuck roast is slow smoked then braised with onions and our smoky Hickory Peppercorn sauce until fall-apart tender. Stack it high on a hoagie and enjoy as is, no cheese or toppings necessary.
Smoked Chuck Roast Sandwiches
Prep time: 8-12 hours
Cook time: 9 hours
|3 lbs.||Chuck Roast|
|1 1/2 cups||Smokin' Steer Hickory Peppercorn|
|1 cup||Beef Stock|
- Place chuck roast in a resealable plastic bag. Add 1 cup of Smokin’ Steer, seal the bag, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove chuck roast from the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to 225° F.
- Place chuck roast directly on the grill grate, then close the lid and smoke for 3 hours.
- Slice the onion and place in a cast iron skillet, then pour the stock and ½ cup of Smokin’ Steer over the onions. Set the roast on top of the onions.
- Increase temperature to 275° F and cook an additional 2 ½ to 3 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Cover the roast with a cast iron lid or aluminum foil, and cook for another 2 ½ to 3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 200° F.
- Remove chuck roast from the grill. Allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes, then remove from the skillet and shred.
- Serve pulled roast beef in a hoagie roll with braised onions and pan jus.