Smoked Chicken Wings Recipe
Hungry for some smoky deliciousness? These show-stopping Smoked Chicken Wings are coated with a savory dry rub then smoked until tender.
Like all smoked foods, these chicken wings are worth the wait. With crispy skin, tender meat, and delicious smoke-flavor, there's no need to cover those smoked wings in sauce. Cooked in an electric smoker, these smoked chicken wings will be your new go-to wings recipe!
|2.5 lbs||Chicken wings, flats and drumettes, separated|
|2 T||Vegetable Oil
|1 T||Kosher Salt or Wing Rub|
1. Using paper towels, dry your wings as much as possible. Add them to a large mixing bowl or large resealable plastic bag.
2. Toss the wings with the baking powder and chicken wings rub, making sure to coat evenly.
3. Preheat your smoker to 250˚F. Place the wings directly on the smoker grates and smoke for 30 minutes.
4. Once the 30 minutes has passed, increase the temperature of the smoker to 425˚F, and smoke for a further 45 minutes, rotating and flipping the wings as necessary to avoid hot spots in the smoker.
5. Once the smoked wings are golden brown, crispy, and have reached an internal temperature of 175˚F, remove them from the smoker and serve. You can serve your smoked chicken wings plain, or tossed in your favorite wing sauce.