Smoked Beef Stroganoff
Smoked Beef Stoganoff
A dinner fan favorite for sure! Smoked beef stroganoff with our limited addition Buried Treasure Truffle seasoning adds that flavor to make it worth smoking!
- 2 ½ LB – Chuck Roast
¼ C – Prime Time Butcher’s Blend
2 T – Olive oil
- 1 LB – Mushrooms, sliced
1 T – Buried Treasure
- 1 Large – Onion, sliced
4 T – Butter
2 T – Flour
2 T – Tomato Paste
2 C – Beef Broth
1 C – Sour Cream
- Egg Noodles
- Preheat smoker to 275 degrees.
- Season the chuck roast generously with Prime Time blend and rest at room temperature for 45 minutes to adhere the seasoning.
- Place the roast directly on the smoker and smoke it for about 3 hours or until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Wrap the roast in foil and return it to the smoker until it reaches an internal temperature of 204 degrees and becomes shredable.
- Prep the sauce by adding 2 Tb of Olive oil to a pan and placing it over medium high heat.
- Add the onions to the pan. Cook until soft.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they start to brown.
- Season generously with buried Treasure.
- Add the tomato paste and stir well
- Add butter and flour and stir to make a roux.
- Add beef stock and bring to a simmer. The sauce should thicken at this point.
- Remove the roast from the smoker and shred the meat. Add it to the sauce.
- Stir in 1 cup of sour cream.
- Season to taste and then serve over cooked and buttered egg noodles.
Share your photos with us using #psseasoning