Buried Treasure Stuffed Mushrooms
The holidays are here and it's time to enjoy all your favorite holiday treats! Stuffed mushrooms are the perfect appetizer to add to any holiday dinner party menu!
- 1 LB – Cremini Mushrooms
2 T – Butter
2 t – Buried Treasure
- 8 oz – Goat Cheese
½ C – Panko Breadcrumbs
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms (do not discard) and place them on a rack lined tray, curved side up.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Then allow them to cool at room temperature while you get the stuffing ready.
- Finely chop the mushroom stems and sauté them in butter. Once they start to brown, season them generously with buried treasure.
Allow to cool slightly before mixing with the goat cheese. I like to keep the goat cheese cold and work the cooked stems in like I’m kneading dough.
- Flip the mushroom caps upside down and then fill each one with about 1 ½ tsp of the goat cheese mixture.
- Dip each mushroom in panko crumbs and then set back on the rack lined tray.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms in the oven and bake until they are hot and the panko has slightly browned.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!