Beer Cheese Pretzel Bowl
Who doesn't love beer, cheese and pretzels? Why not make it a delicious treat! Beer cheese pretzel bowls for you next game day get together.
1 – Pennsylvania Dutch Pretzel Kit
¼ C – Butter
¼ C – Flour
1 C – Milk
½ C – Beer
1 ½ t – Bier Hall Mustard
1 t – Worcestershire Sauce
2 C – Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Make the pretzel dough according to the directions on the box. The directions will change for this recipe once the dough has risen.
- While the dough is rising, make the beer cheese sauce.
- Heat butter and flour together in a saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Slowly, while stirring, add the milk and beer.
- Add in the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and stir. Cook until thickened.
- Stir in the shredded cheese until melted. Set aside, but keep warm
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Once the dough has risen, cut the dough in ½.
- Form a round loaf and form regular pretzels with the remaining dough.
- Prep the water and baking soda bath and blanch all the pretzels.
- Score the top of the large loaf with a knife and salt the pretzels before placing them on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, rotating ½ way through to evenly cook.
- Allow the pretzels to cool slightly before plating.
- Cut the top of the pretzel loaf out at a downward angle in toward the center of the loaf.
- Tear the top piece into bite sized “dipable” pieces. Pour cheese sauce into the pretzel bowl and serve!