The secret to perfectly smoky, crispy wings is here! We tossed the chicken wings in our Hot Chicken Rub then smoked and finished them off in the air fryer for perfectly crisp skin without being overcooked.
Smoked & Air-Fried Chicken Wings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
|2 1/2 lbs.||Chicken Wings, split|
|TT||Honky Tonk Hot Chicken Rub|
|1/2 Cup||Honky Tonk Hot Sauce|
- Set your pellet grill to “Smoke” setting or set up your grill to low, indirect heat.
- Place chicken wings on a sheet tray, blot dry with paper towel, then season with Honky Tonk rub.
- Transfer wings to the grill and smoke for 1 hour.
- Transfer the smoked wings to the fryer basket, then set the air fryer to 360 F and cook for 5 minutes, then flip the wings and cook for 7 more minutes. Flip the wings again, increase the heat to 390 F, and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, until the outsides are crispy.
- Remove wings from the air fryer and serve hot with celery, hot sauce, and ranch dressing.