Reverse Seared Bone-In Ribeye
It's like butter melt-in-your-mouth amazing. This ribeye is smoked to 120 internal temp and seared in cast iron pan to the perfect look! Baste it with some butter and serve!
- 1 – Bone-In Ribeye (2 lbs)
4 T – BBQ General SPG Rub
3 T– Butter
- 3 Clove – Garlic
- Fresh Herbs
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees.
- Season the steak generously with BBQ General SPG Rub and allow to rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Insert a temperature probe into the thickest part of the steak and then place it on the smoker.
- Smoke until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 120 degrees.
- Remove the steak from the smoker.
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat. Add 1 TB of butter and then place the steak in the cast iron.
- Sear for 1 ½ minutes and then flip
- Add the butter, garlic and fresh herbs to the pan and start basting the steak with the butter.
- Cook like this for 2 minutes and then remove the steak from the pan.
- Slice and serve right away.