4-Star General Burger
Attention! This general burger has expectations set high! Our new General Rub on ground beef patties topped with Bourbon Barrel BBQ sauce, onion strings, and drizzled with homemade Alabama White Sauce.
2 Lb – Ground Beef
2 T – BBQ General SPG Rub
- 4 Burger Buns
- Tomato, sliced
- 8 oz – Shredded Beef
- 4 oz – Bourbon Barrel BBQ Sauce
- 1 – Onion
1 C – Buttermilk
2 C – Flour
1 t – BBQ General SPG Rub
- 4 oz – Alabama White Sauce (see recipe)
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Portion the ground beef into 8oz portions and form them into patties. Season generously with SPG Rub.
- Combine the shredded beef and BBQ sauce in a pan and place over low heat to bring up to temperature. Stir occasionally.
- Slice the onion into very thin rings and then soak them in buttermilk for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat fryer to 350 degrees.
- Take the onion out of the buttermilk, drip dry and then toss in the flour. Coat well.
- Shake off excess flour and then place the onions in the fryer and cook for 4-5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Place the cooked onion strings on a paper towel lined tray and season with SPG rub.
- Toast your burger buns if desired.
- Cook the burger patties to your desired temperature and build the burgers.
- Lettuce and tomato on the bottom followed by the burger patty, bbq beef and then topped with onion strings. Finish with a drizzle of Alabama White Sauce.