Pickled Brains (Cauliflower)
Pickled Cauliflower Brain
Halloween is near and so are the treats! Serve up this pickled brain at your Halloween party to all the monsters!
- 1 Head – Cauliflower
- 1 – Yellow Onion
- 3 Cloves – Garlic
2 T – Peppercorns
1 C – Red Wine Vinegar
2 C – White Vinegar
2 C – Water
1 C – Sugar
2 t – Farm House- Veggie Blend
½ C – Kosher Salt
- In a medium sized saucepot, combine the red wine vinegar, white vinegar, water, sugar, salt and Farm House. Place the pot over medium heat and bring the solution to a simmer.
- Stir and simmer until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Prep the cauliflower by removing all the leaves and cutting away the core until the whole head has a flat bottom.
- Place the cauliflower in a large jar with a lid.
- Julienne the onions and add them to the jar with the cloves of garlic and peppercorns.
- Pour in the vinegar mixture.
Cover and place in the fridge.
-You might need to add weight to the cauliflower to keep it submerged.
- Let it pickle for at least two days.
- Don’t forget to add your toe tag to make it creepy!