The perfect side dish at any party, hot Honky Tonk Nashville Hot Pickle Poppers! A little bit of heat every bite!
- 1 Jar (16oz) – Kosher Dill Pickle 1/2s
- 8 oz – Cream Cheese
2 T – Honky Tonk Nashville Hot Chicken Rub
- 10 Slice – Bacon, thick cut
- Preheat smoker to 275 degrees.
- Soften cream cheese at room temp for 30 minutes
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese with the Honky Tonk seasoning and mix well to combine.
Put the cream cheese mixture in a piping bag and cut the tip to ¾” wide. You can use a ziplock bag if you don’t have piping bags
- Take the pickles out of the brine. Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds, making a well down the middle of the pickle.
- Pat the pickles dry with paper towel.
- Pipe the cream cheese mixture into the well of the pickle so that the cream cheese comes up over the top by about ¼”
- Spiral wrap each pickle with a piece of bacon.
- Place the poppers on the smoker for 45-55 minutes or until the bacon starts to crisp.
- Rest 5 minutes before serving.