This bold and spicy Korean BBQ braised pork belly recipe is a knockout of melt-in-your-mouth pork belly and sweet and tangy Korean flavors. Make it a meal and serve with a side of white rice and steamed vegetables or a spicy Asian Cauliflower.
Korean BBQ Braised Pork Belly
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours 30 minutes
|Seoul Train Sesame Citrus|
|1/2||Yellow Onion, sliced thinly|
|1||Celery Rib, sliced|
|2 cups||Chicken Stock|
|2 T||Lemon Juice|
|1 T||Light Brown Sugar|
|1||Lemongrass Stalk, halved|
|1/3 cup||Black Belt Korean BBQ, divided|
- Set the oven to Broil.
- Score pork belly fat, crosswise. Drizzle with olive oil, then season with Seoul Train.
- Place vegetables in a deep cast iron skillet, or roasting pan. Set pork, fat side up, on top of vegetables. Broil for 8 minutes, then remove the skillet from the oven, turn pork, fat side down, and broil an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove pork belly from the oven and turn fat side up. Add stock, lemon juice, brown sugar, and lemongrass to skillet. Add 3 tablespoons of Black Belt over pork belly. Cover with foil and return to the oven.
- Set oven temperature to 300 F and braise pork for 2 hours.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and carefully remove the foil. Add remaining Black Belt on top of the pork belly, then replace foil, leaving one corner open. Return to the oven and braise an additional 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Allow pork belly to rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve warm.