Homemade Chile Crisp
Spice it up! King Shallot Chile Crisp will have you wanting more! Put it on all your favorites!
- 2 Bulb – Garlic
- 3 – Shallots
- 3 – Star Anise
16 Oz – Sesame Oil (not toasted)
3 T – Fresh Ginger, minced
¼ C – Red Pepper Flakes
¼ C – Soy Sauce
1 t – King Shallot- Black Garlic
- Peel the garlic and slice as thin as possible. Peel the shallots and cut in half. Slice thinly.
- Add the oil to a medium sized sauce pot and add the star anise, garlic and shallots.
- Place over low heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes, until the garlic turns brown and becomes slightly crispy. (Take time with this step, do not rush. Allow the flavors to release and build slowly)
- While the garlic and shallots are simmering, mince the ginger and combine in a glass bowl with the chile flakes, soy sauce and King Shallot.
- Strain the oil into the bowl with the ginger mixture. Let the garlic and shallots sit in the strainer at room temperature. This will allow the garlic to crisp even more.
- Allow the oil to cool completely to room temperature.
- Add the garlic back to the oil mixture and stir well to combine.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge.