Italian-Style Shotgun Shells
Your favorite pasta dish packed into a shotgun shell! Fresh ground Italian sausage, and mozzarella cheese stuffed into manicotti pasta shells and wrapped with prosciutto! Seasoning with Good Fella, smoke to temp, and serve with marinara for dipping!
- 1 LB – Ground Italian Sausage
- 8 oz – Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 10 – Manicotti Pasta Shells
- 10 Slice – Prosciutto
1 C – Red Sauce or Marinara
2 t – Good Fella
- Take a pasta shells and stuff it about ½ full with Italian sausage. From the other end, stuff in about 1 ounce of mozzarella cheese.
- Fill in the remaining shell with sausage. Repeat the process with the remaining pasta shells.
- Wrap each stuffed shell in a slice of prosciutto.
- Set the shells in the fridge for at least 6 hours before cooking, 24 hours is best. This will help soften the pasta.
- Preheat smoker to 275 degrees.
- Place the shotgun shells on the smoker for 35-40 minutes until the internal temperature of the sausage reaches 160 degrees.
- Baste the shell generously with red sauce and season with a few cracks of Good Fella.
- Smoke for an additional 5-10 minutes to set the sauce.
- Rest the shells for 10 minutes before serving with a side of marinara for dipping.