All the flavors of your favorite Italian sausage in an easy-to-make patty--no casings or stuffing required. This Fresh Italian Brat Burger has full flavor from our No. 663 Fresh Italian Seasoning and high-temp mozzarella, topped off with sauteed peppers, onions, and marinara on a focaccia bun. Prego!
Check out our full step-by-step tutorial on how to make bulk brat patties.
Fresh Italian Brat Burger
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 10 minutes
|Ground Pork (70-75% lean)|
|No. 663 Fresh Italian Seasoning|
|2 T||High Temp Mozzarella|
|1 T||Olive Oil|
|1/2||Red Bell Pepper, sliced|
|1/2||Green Bell Pepper|
|1||Red Onion, sliced|
|TT||Good Fella Italian Herb|
|2 cups||Spinach, sauteed|
|4 oz.||Mozzarella, fresh|
- Place ground pork in a mixing bowl. Add seasoning and mix well. Then add hi-temp mozzarella cheese and mix.
- Divide mixture into 4 balls, then press in between parchment/patty paper. Use a burger patty press, or stainless steel bowl to press down.
- Refrigerate patties for at least 1 hour prior to cooking, or overnight.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat, then add bell peppers and onion, and season with Good Fella. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Add spinach to the hot skillet and toss until it wilts down. Set aside.
- Place the brat patties in the skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, then flip, top each patty with pepper and onions, and fresh mozzarella, and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
Assemble the brat patties: Bottom focaccia, sautéed spinach, brat patty/patties, marinara, top focaccia. Stick skewers through the top of the sandwich. Serve warm.